About the NOS Online Safety for Schools Course
As schools and colleges increasingly work online, it is essential that children and schools staff are safeguarded from potentially harmful and inappropriate online material.
This course has been specifically designed for Teachers and School Staff to protect and educate the whole school in their use of technology and establish mechanisms to identify, intervene in and escalate any online safety incident where appropriate.
The breadth of issues classified within online safety is considerable, but can be categorised into three areas of risk:
- content: being exposed to illegal, inappropriate or harmful material;
- contact: being subjected to harmful online interaction with other users; and
- conduct: personal online behaviour that increases the likelihood of, or causes, harm.
This e-learning course will explore these risks in detail and emphasise the importance of online safety for anyone who works in a school.
This course includes:
- A downloadable course certificate to evidence training for Ofsted.
- Course content covering, The Importance of Online Safety, Online Safety Risks, Dealing with Disclosures and a bonus unit on Social Media.
- Interactive course content to check your understanding.
- Guidance on what you need to know for an Ofsed inspection.
- Access to our Resource Hub that includes all published Online Safety and e-Safety guidance in one location.