National Education Group Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.nationalonlinesafety.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and the General Data Protection Regulation the data controller is National Education Group Ltd of 80a Oswald Road, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 7PA.
As members of the ICO ensure that we follow their best practices in terms of policies and procedures and we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.nationalonlinesafety.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information and personal registration documents.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
The data we hold on your school is largely obtained from public sources such as Government websites and other reasonably available materials. In addition, we collect data on school staff through various marketing campaigns. We do not process any children’s or pupil data. On the 24th May 2018, the National Education Group Ltd (formerly National Online Safety Ltd) sent a privacy notice email to all contacts on our database allowing them to opt out of our database and /or services in line with general GDPR compliance. The National Education Group Ltd also subscribes to a data subscription service provided by The Education Company Ltd. This is a purchased database used only for our marketing activities, and we rely on them as experts in their field to be compliant in their data collection processes. All National Education Group Ltd emails include an unsubscribe option for schools to be removed from future communication. We are always happy to answer any queries you may have in relation to this.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, client or candidate, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. We carefully select suppliers and sub-contractors through a vetting process to ensure our strict data protection guidelines are met. We only disclose data which is relevant to them completing the task.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If National Education Group Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers, clients and candidates will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. This may include advertisers including Google, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Bing. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulation.
Legitimate Interest Statement
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes. We carefully select data based on professional roles that have a duty to safeguard children following a Legitimate Interest Assessment on the data that we process. We have determined that it is of legitimate interest for us to process this data in order to provide relevant information to support schools in protecting children online in line with the ICO Legitimate interests information found here.
We also process personal information for other legitimate purposes which include some or all of the following:
● Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
● To identify and prevent fraud
● To enhance the security of our network and information systems
● To better understand how people interact with our websites to improve the user experience for visitors
● To provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you
When assessing appropriate technical measures, the DPO will consider the following:
• Password protection;
• Automatic locking of idle terminals;
• Removal of access rights for USB and other memory media;
• Virus checking software and firewalls
• Role-based access rights including those assigned to temporary staff;
• Encryption of devices that leave the organisations premises such as laptops;
• Security of local and wide area networks;
• Privacy enhancing technologies such as pseudonymization and anonymisation;
• Identifying appropriate international security standards relevant to National Education Group Ltd.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.